It is the belief of the Board and the school that proper dress and grooming are an indication of respect for one’s self, as well as respect for others. All students are expected to be neat, clean, and appropriately dressed at all times. Students dress will be in good taste and will not be extreme, indecent, dirty, or unsafe. Any dress or garment that tends to distract, disturb, is noticeably unusual, strange or interferes with the educational process is not allowed. Any student deemed by the Administration to be inappropriately dressed may be sent home. Any absence that results from correction of dress will be considered unexcused. Repeated violations could result in further action under the Code of Conduct.
Specific dress code requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Shoes are to be worn at all times.
2. House shoes or pajamas / sleepwear are not allowed. No flip flops or slides.
3. Halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, strapless tops, crop tops, racer back, shirts with inappropriate language or slogans, see through fabric, and camouflage military type clothing are not allowed.
4. Sleeveless shirts for girls should extend from base of neck to the top of the arms.
5. Sleeveless shirts for boys are not allowed.
6. The lower edge/legs of shorts, skirts, and dresses should be no more than five inches from the ground with the student on their knees.
7. Midriffs and cleavage are not to show.
8. Braless attire for girls is not allowed.
9. Undergarments (except T-shirts) shall not be visible at any time.
10. All shorts, pants, slacks, etc. shall be worn at waist level. No sagging.
11. Visible body piercing, visible tattoos, body art, and unnatural hair color are not acceptable.
12. Girls’ piercing for earrings worn in the earlobe is permissible. No more than 2 piercings per earlobe.
13. No article of clothing with holes where skin is exposed is allowed.
14. Hair shall be well groomed and neatly styled. Boy’s hair shall not extend below the top of the shirt collar or extend past the eyebrows.
15. Boys are expected to be clean shaven, having no beards or mustaches.
16. No alcoholic beverage, illegal drugs or tobacco advertisement; obscene, suggestive, or inappropriate language on clothing or accessories allowed.
17. No hats, caps, bandanas, sunglasses or headgear may be worn in the school building during the school day.
18. No clothing that has chains attached is allowed.
19. Athletic shorts, wind pants, sweatpants etc. are NOT allowed in grades 6-12.
20. Each student must have a school shirt and khakis for assemblies.