All students in grades 6-12 utilize an iPad for day-to-day learning. Please note we are a BYOD (bring your own device) school; therefore, Edgewood does not purchase iPads for use by students. Loaner devices are available on a case-by-case basis.
iPad Policies for Grades 6-12
• iPads must be purchased by the parents. Edgewood will NOT be purchasing iPads for students. It is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy.
• The minimum requirement is an iPad (5th generation) or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini (2nd generation) or later, or an iPad Pro (12.9 inch, 10.5 inch, or 9.7 inch) with 32 gigabytes (64 gigabytes recommended) and iOS version 11.0 or later. Students with older generation iPads should begin to phase them out.
• ALL students in grades 6 -12 must bring their iPad to school every day. Failure to bring a charged iPad will result in disciplinary actions.
• Edgewood will provide an iPad for any student who has a damaged iPad free of charge for 10 days. After the 10th day, the student will be charged a rental fee per day. All Edgewood owned devices must be turned in at the end of each school day. Assignments and notes taken on the school issued iPad must be emailed to the student’s personal email address so they may have the materials on a personal computer at home.
• Each student will abide by the acceptable use of technology policy as referenced in the student handbook.